1. We are so happy to have you with us Raine, *grinning from ear to ear*. With authors that are visiting for the first time on our blog, we like start off by having them tell our followers about themselves.
Well, I live in California with Mr. Miller and two teenage sons. I am surrounded by men. I like books and vanilla lattes, reading by the pool and Hawaii. All of my books are erotic and I write slow. I have about 10 pairs of glasses set out all over my house, because I cannot read or write without them. *sigh* I have encyclopedic knowledge of JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood and I am a Game of Thrones freak.
2. No doubt, THE BLACKSTONE AFFAIR is HOT on everyone’s list, but give us a summary of what it’s about for anyone that has been hiding in a cave.
The Blackstone Affair is about British security expert, Ethan Blackstone's obsession with Brynne Bennett, an American art student/photographic model living in London. The two meet after he buys her nude portrait at a gallery show. Ethan is not what he seems to be and Brynne has been running from a tragic event in her past. Naked is the beginning of their relationship and is told from Brynne's pov. The 2nd book in the series is All In, told from Ethan's pov and moving forward from the end of events in Naked. Eyes Wide Open is told in alternating pov's between Ethan and Brynne and brings the trilogy to a happy ending.
3. Tell us about starting this series, we have heard it was “on a whim and a whisper of an idea”.
It most certainly was. I had two other books in the works when I stumbled upon the stock photo of the nude woman. It really caught my eye. I just had to think about what it would be like to be a nude model and then meet the man who bought your portrait. The seed of an idea was planted and I started writing. Within an hour I had the first scene of Naked down and the cover image for my book. Once I got into it I was hooked and couldn't stop writing. The story grew bigger of course and evolved into what we have today.
4. Will readers ever learn more details about the events at the Samarkand Hotel, or will that all be completely washed away forever for us to ponder about?
I think it is mostly behind them now. The important thing to take away from the stalker problem was that he was involved deeply into the highest levels of the American government, who have the power to make bad things disappear permanently and without much fuss. Ethan made sure the senator knew Brynne had to be kept safe and in the end, she was.
5. Without giving away to much, what is your favorite scene from the books?
I have many but I think it is probably a scene in Naked...Brynne goes out to a club and Ethan stalks her there. He takes her home and they have explosive wall sex. I just love all the blunt dialogue and tension between them. It is really the reader's first taste of the real Ethan.
6. Some of the scenes that are in the books,...well we have no problem seeing flames igniting your keyboard here (bet you had to keep a fire extinguisher handy, Hehee). Do you write them as you go along, maybe while wearing a brown paper bag over your head, or do you go back and fill in after a few glasses of wine?
Ha ha. I have to be in the right frame of mind to write a sexy scene and they are getting easier to do, but mostly I just go with the flow of the story and know when it's time to get naked. I would like to remind readers that I have always written erotic and all of my books are categorized as erotica wherever they are sold.
7. We hear you are a multitalented gal, and know your way around a chuck of wood and some power tools. What are some projects you have done, or are doing now?
Well, nothing now. I am too busy writing books and other author-ish stuff. The best thing I ever built was this arched gate. I built the birdhouse on top of the wall too.
8. Knowing that David Gandy’s yummy photo was an inspiration for your Ethan Blackstone is an added thumbs up by every woman in the world. Do you have a picture or two that you could share that were your favorite to ogle while writing?
I can certainly find a few for you. I do love him in blue. *wink*
9. We heard that you received a FB message from David Gandy. (Shonna here- Holy Cow, I think if that happened to me I would crap my pants) Can you tell us where you were when you got it and what was you initial reaction?
I was in Kansas City at the RT convention in my hotel room. It was a birthday message and the best part was he signed it Ethan Blackstone. I was pretty speechless and it just topped off my birthday in the best way. I think I floated around in a daze for an hour or two.
10. Ivan and Gaby are in the wings with an adventure of their own that your fans are looking forward to hearing about. Can you give us the scoop on this spin-off series? Have you started writing it? Is Ivan fun to write? He's such a playboy- lol
I have started writing it. This was one of the books I was working on when I stumbled upon the photo and began writing Naked. Ivan is a lot of fun to write. He is very talented but a victim of some family unpleasantness and a betrayal by his ex. He takes out his frustrations in the bedroom, or any room with a locking door. LOL The basic story in a sentence or two is that Ivan has a huge uncatalogued art collection at his Irish estate and he needs help sorting it out. Enter Mallerton expert, Gabrielle Hargreave to the rescue. But these two have met before...and things were pretty explosive for them. *grin* It's pretty sexy stuff between those two............
11. Now, tell us all about the much anticipated *squee* BLACKSTONE AFFAIR #4.
Book 4 began as an idea for a Christmas novella for Ethan and Brynne. I always intended to finish their HEA in Book 3 and I did that. Most love stories end at the point where I left them in Eyes Wide Open...BUT, as I was writing EWO, I kept getting more ideas into my head of things they could experience that would bring some major character growth into the picture. Ethan still has some things to share with Brynne and it will be hard for him to do that in the short time period I was working with in EWO. The thing is, I know some people want the PTSD part of Ethan to be "fixed" and I will warn you now that that isn't going to happen. PTSD doesn't get "fixed" and it doesn't just go away because you fall in love. Ethan and Brynne will have to learn to live with it and channel those emotions in a way so he can function. Brynne also, has some guilt and pain over the death of her father and the reasons behind it. Let's just say the theme of book 4 is "redemption and forgiveness." There will be a surprise character showing up in book 4 to help that process along. We also have the really exciting prospect of a new home, being newlyweds, the holidays, and a baby on the way for Ethan and Brynne. Trust me, there is plenty to write about the Blackstone's in book 4. I am not going to say this is the final book because I don't know what will happen as I am writing it. If I have more story to tell, then I will know if and when I should write it. Book 4 is a stand-alone novel and will have a complete and happy ending on the final page, so nobody need worry about cliffhanger drama coming from me. Please--not going there.
12. Can you give us a clue as to what color eyes and hair Baby Blackstone will have?
Baby Blackstone will be beautiful and have blue eyes like Daddy and brown hair like Mummy.
This giveaway is open internationally