Reasons to Love Paranormal Books
by Jennifer Lyon
by Jennifer Lyon
Hi Everyone! It’s awesome to be back to one of my favorite blogs, Vampire, Werewolves, Fairies, Oh My! Thank you so much for having me here today! Let’s grab some coffee and chat about why we love paranormal books. I’ll go first…
1) Magic! The real world is hard. I remember sitting at the end of my mom’s bed in her last days in complete despair. Then I picked up Harry Potter…and for a few hours, I escaped into a world where those who were powerless and downtrodden discovered magic. That book, and that feeling of wonder and hope, got me through. Frankly, I think books have a magic of their very own.
2) Heroes! Oh yeah, doesn’t it seem like the heroes in a paranormals are even sexier? Stronger, more alpha, brimming with swagger and confidence but able to back that up with real action. They are insanely protective. And yet…most of the heroes I meet in paranormals respect their women, and admire her for her strengths. In Caged Magic, Linc needs Risa’s magic to break his curse, and comes to love her magic as part of her.
3) The women of paranormals tend to be kickass! I love a heroine who discovers her own strengths and is willing to fight for those she loves or what she believes is right. In paranormal worlds, women often have some power that makes them uniquely special. The hero doesn’t just love them, he needs them. It feels like they connect on more levels and their love is deeper than non-paranormal stories.
4) The stakes are higher. In paranormal worlds, the hero and heroine are fighting bigger threats, ramping up the intensity.
5) Sex rocks! Oh my, does it ever Magic can come into play, making for some very sexy scenes. I just read WICKED RIDE by Rebecca Zanetti and whoa, I needed a fire extinguisher. Really! The witches in that story wield fire, and believe me, I never found fire at all sexy. But the way the hero used it during a sex scene was hot.
Those are just a few of my reasons for loving paranormal romance. What are some of your reasons?
Blurb: Risa Faden is a witch whose ultra-powerful shield magic is slowly breaking her mind. But when her beloved goddaughter is snatched by a demon, she’ll risk anything to rescue the baby—including lying to the handsome, intriguing stranger who has the power to help her keep her sanity, save the child…and steal her heart.
Linc Dillinger is a Wing Slayer Hunter whose sexy, rich, bad-boy charm hides a treacherous betrayal that left him emotionally scarred. As a result he risks his life to protect innocents, but is incapable of love—until he meets a beautiful witch who can save his cursed soul. Risa’s fierce courage and loyalty reaches past his barriers and he begins to believe she has the magic to free his caged heart.
But Risa’s lie explodes into dark danger that forces Linc into a hellish high-stakes gamble: He must either win the witch he loves and her godchild…or endure a loss that will destroy them all.
Caged Magic Buy Links
“But there’s a price.”
She jerked her gaze up. “What?”
He lifted her hand to his mouth, his warm lips sliding over her knuckles. “You’ll let me kiss you first. A deep, owning kiss.”
Her heart started to pound. “You want to kiss me?”
“I want to kiss you so hard you’ll go to sleep and wake up with the taste of me. No one else, Risa. Me.”
Intensity. She’d never experienced this pull, this inability to emotionally distance herself from another person. He had a magnetic effect, tugging her into him. “Is this the soul bond?”
Bronze shimmered in his eyes. “I don’t know. But you’re ripping me open, making me need more than sex. I need your touch.”
Recognition sounded in her like a gong. Touch. They’d both had too much of the wrong kind and not enough of the right. She thought of the way he’d held her last night, even after finding out it had been her father who kidnapped and gave him to the bastards who’d caged him. Yet Linc hadn’t seen her ugliness. Instead, he’d held her until she fell asleep.
Safe in his arms.
And now he was unfailingly honest in what he needed. A kiss. Touch. Unable to stop herself, she wrapped her hands around Linc’s sides. The powerful muscles twitched beneath her palms.
“Kiss me.” She tugged him to her.
Linc curled his palm around her nape and lowered his gaze to her lips.
The air between them thickened. Sizzled. Her lips tingled, and her heart thumped.
He stroked his thumb along the sensitive curve of her throat. Arousal rode her nerve endings, pebbling her nipples and warming her belly. She squeezed her thighs together, vividly aware of her nakedness beneath the shirt.
His mouth touched hers, warm velvety lips gliding over hers with a slow exploration while his thumb lazily caressed her jaw.
No one kissed her like this, as if they needed to learn every secret of her mouth. She tracked her hands over his shoulders, absorbing the warm skin stretched over powerful muscles. Bold hunger flickered, and she licked at his mouth.
A groan rumbled against her palm on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off her feet. Pinning her to the wall, he tilted her chin up and consumed her. His tongue dueled with hers, then darted away, exploring and marking her.
Risa shivered as the taste of him hit her tongue, like dark chocolate mixed with real cream and whipped until irresistible. Greed for more pulled out a moan. She’d never have enough of his flavor or the feel of his mouth moving over hers as if he were as starved for her as she was for him. The kiss devoured her.
About the Author
Jennifer Lyon, who also writes as Jennifer Apodaca, lives in Southern California where she continually plots ways to convince her husband that they should get a dog. After all, they met at the dog pound, fell in love, married and had three wonderful sons. So far, however, she has failed in her doggy endeavor. She consoles herself by pouring her passion into writing books. To date, Jen has published more than fifteen books and novellas, including a fun and sexy mystery series and a variety of contemporary romances under the name Jennifer Apodaca. As Jennifer Lyon she created a dark, sizzling paranormal series, and The Plus Once Chronicles, an emotionally sensual adult contemporary series. Jen’s won numerous awards and had her books translated into multiple languages, but she still hasn’t come up with a way to persuade her husband that they need a dog.
Follow the Tour
For more interviews and guest posts with Jennifer plus Caged Magic reviews & Spotlights stop by the tour every day!
The complete schedule can be found HERE
There are 3 tour wide giveaways!
Open to US, CAN, UK
(1) grand prize $50.00 electronic gift card (Amazon or B&N)
(2) runner up winners of one $25.00 electronic gift card each (Amazon or B&N)